If you have never tried SoundToys Decapitator, there’s no time like the present!
I tend to use this with some subtlety, but feel free to not! You can check out the frequency and harmonic charts for the various settings below, at a drive setting of “1”.
You can find this other places, but since you happen to be here:
- A – Ampex 350 tape recorder preamp. (A pretty noisy one.)
- E – Chandler/EMI TG channel. (All those names are trademarked, btw, as are other names on here.)
- N – Neve 1057. (This was manufactured before the 1073, fyi.)
- T – Culture Vulture triode setting.
- P – Culture Vulture pentode setting.
- These can all distort pretty easily. Just turn up the drive, but with care. Or recklessly push the “Punish” button for more excitement!
- If you are more interested in these as subtle preamps, check out my presets for SoundToys.